Saturday 27 July 2013

Insanity review week 5/Recovery week + before and after photos!

Hey guys

Here is my week 5 review of Insanity. Well this week is the week where you take it easy for the workouts so basically the workouts in this week are a lot less intense than usual so they were a lot more easy to do. You also have to make sure your heart rate doesn't go up the roof although it should only be up just a little and you are not allowed to be overworked in this week as in you have to make sure you don't get burnt out after your workout.

So yeah this week is kind of of like semi rest week where you work but you don't go crazy as you normally would because you've already been, as Shaun T says in the DVD "Been pounding your body for about 4 weeks" so you need to give your muscles a bit of a rest.

as far as how I found this week well I found it slightly easy lol but there were some push ups involved in the routine which I always find hard, although funny enough they didn't burn me out too much. I also towards the end of the week managed to do the push ups without my knees on the ground as in I could managed to do them military style but I still need to improve them as they are kind of sloppy. It really wasn't so hard this week but I will admit some of the exercises were a bit tricky to do as towards the end I had to do the hip flexes which really burns! and then also the last exercise I can't remember the name but you move your arms in different positions whilst you stand in a plie pose and that really burns your arms! however towards to end of the week I found that I was feeling less pain from those exercises but they don't burn you out after you've done them but it really burns whilst you do it!  welI actually.. no, I got used to the arm one towards the end of the week but the hip flexes were still very painful, even towards the end! Like no matter how many times I did them it was still very hard to keep my leg lifted, in the DVD some of the people were struggling in that exercise as some people had to stop and then continue that also happened to me.

As far as changes in my body I don't notice any thing yet but this brings me to my most hated part of this blog which YES my before any after pictures and I can't believe I am actually gonna show them to you guys as I am a very self conscious person. But I am gonna show them anyway I am also gonna show you pictures of my earlier success way before insanity so here it goes. gosh....I am literally starting to cringe now...




 These first 4 ones were before Insanity they were actually taken shortly before I started this blog but I was too embarrassed to share them.



                                 These ones were taken after the first week of Inasnity



                                                      And these ones were taken today
'
So those are my before and after photos and yes I know shouldn't feel ashamed of them as I would not recommend anyone to feel that way. But yeah as you can tell my belly is my trouble zone area hence why is still disgustingly big I don't  know if it will be gone by the time I complete Insanity I highly doubt that it will as I know it took other people on their journeys a really long time. But I can tell by looking at these pictures how much my body has changed as I notice there are a fair bit of differences in the way I look.

And that's it for now I hope you found this blog inspiring and good luck to you on yours journeys

catch you all later

love
     Alice


No comments:

Post a Comment