Saturday 29 June 2013

Workout DVD review: Insanity/ week 1

Hey everyone!

Now as promised I will do my review on Insanity. I just completed my first week of Insanity but first things first I'm just gonna talk about the DVD set.

The DVD set comes with:

  • 13 DVDs
  • A book of recipes/eating guide of advice on how to eat during this this 60 day workout.
  • A calender for when you to track down all the days you worked out. The calender also tells you what workout you will be doing on certain days and what days are rest days. 
  • A card where you record your results when you do the fitness test from one of the DVDs



And now I will talk about how my first week went. The first day was not very hard because it was the fit test that I was doing but that second day I found was pretty intense along with the third day but the forth day was not so hard because it was a recovery day where you just do a lot of stretches but next two days were tough again and today I am on my rest day. 

This is a really tough workout there is a lot of cardio involved and at times I would would get worn out. I mostly got worn out when I did my second day, It felt like I was gargling my heart and I could not stop coughing because whenever my heart rate goes through the roof it always does that. That gradually went away though as I went through the week as I found I became stronger in the last two days but it was still tough. I still got worn out a few times but even the people in the DVD would get worn out to a point where Shaun T had to tell some of them to take a break! 

Just realised I forgot to talk about the instructor. The instructor's name is Shaun T and he's very encouraging throughout the workout, He's not harsh like Jillian Michaels is but he always encourages you to push your hardest throughout the workouts.

I will now talk about how its effected my body I am actually noticing a change in my body as in my muscles have really tightened and I also lost about 1 inch around my waist. I know I mentioned this already but I became a bit more fit towards the end of the week. I also did get sore mainly around my core and area where the love handles are. so yes I did get sore too.
 I really should be showing you pictures but I don't have any. I will take some of me now and after I am done with the first month and after the final month.

As for How I am eating, well I haven't used any of the recipes from the book that comes with it because again I am a vegetarian and so many of the recipes include meat mainly the lunch and dinner recipes. I might try some of the breakfast recipes as some of them are vegetarian.

I am mainly following the advice in the book as to how much calories I should eat. I do use myfitnesspal.com to track my calories. and really make sure I eat the right amount of calories and I make sure I have my protein and eat my fruit and veg etc. But the book also tells you to go with what works best for yourself and I find that having around 400 calories for breakfast works for me. I mostly went with what worked best for me which I will still do.

And that's that for week 1 of my Insanity work out stay tuned for how week 2 went!

Catch you all later

Love 
     Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment