Sunday 16 June 2013

Workout DVD review : Jillian Michaels Ripped IN 30

Hey Everyone!

It is now time for a review. Ok so last month in May I was using this DVD called ripped in 30 and it was my second time using it.


Here is a quick summary of the work out DVD:

The DVD consists of four different workouts for example there is a different workout for each week.
The workouts run for 24 minutes which is not very long as you can tell. each workout starts with a warm up and they all end with a cool down. The workouts follow this process called the 3-2-1 interval system that Jillian Michaels herself designed where you do 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. so basically they start with the warm up and then they follow the 3, 2,1 system 3 times from what I can remember and then they each end with a cool down. All of the workouts in the DVD including the warm ups are different except for the cool down and each week gradually gets more challenging. Jillian also provides an advanced version and a beginner version as in there is one person in the DVD doing a beginner version and the other doing an advanced.


There is also a meal plan of which you can follow when you use this DVD. here is the link:
http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

Oh one more thing you have to have a set of dumb bells and a workout mat.


Now here are my list of Pros.


  • Its challenging. That is actually a good thing because that way you will get good results as doing something that is too easy is not gonna be very helpful plus you won't get very effective results.
  • The workouts start from being (Jillian Michaels will hate me for saying this!) a tad bit easy(there I said it but hey I'm not saying its easy overall!) to harder. I personally like it when challenge workouts start from being a little bit easy to harder as starting out too hard I find is not good because I find that too overwhelming and almost impossible to do especially if you are new to exercising. 
  • Jillian Provides an advanced version and a beginner version. This I find is an excellent thing because if you are extremely new to working out like you haven't done that much exercise in your life, you can just simply follow the beginner version or if you have done quite a lot of exercise in your life and your are extremely fit you can follow the advanced or if you have gotten better with your exercise you can challenge yourself with the advanced version.
  • Jillian will demonstrate how to do a workout properly as in she will point out the proper form you should have. that's good because that will also give you good results as well as keep you from getting injured like she will also point out certain wrong moves that might cause injury. And you want your workouts to be safe, so that's very important.
  • Jillian is tough in an encouraging way as in she will say things that will push you to work harder.
  • It comes with a meal plan you can follow Which I think is awesome.


And now for the Cons I only have two cons though.


  • Jillian will repeatedly say that its not easy and I think that can sometimes be a bit irritating I mean sometimes I got sick and tired of her saying that. In my mind I was all "yeah yeah Jillian I get it!" But I think that is something that you have to put up with when you do this challenge, it's still worth it though.
  • My second con well it doesn't tell you how many times you should do the one workouts in a week, as in I wasn't sure whether you do them once a week or 5 days a week. But when I first did it I did it for 5 days a week and the second time I did it for 2 days a week. But over all I wish it would be specific as to how many times you do the workouts in one week. I hope I'm making sense! But that is just my personal opinion as I think that would have been very useful.


My overall conclusion

All in all I highly recommend this DVD. I personally think that it's a 'must have' to add to your collection of workout DVDs. I think its great for making you more fit as I found that after I completed this DVD for the first time  I noticed a change in my my body as in I felt that I became more physically fit and I of course lost weight when I did it and it also made me very sore mostly around my butt muscles or glutes  and the muscles around my thighs like sometimes I had trouble walking or sitting down. I know that doesn't sound good but it IS good because when your muscles hurt then the job has been done! I especially recommend this to beginners as I really feel that it will help you become more fit and its always good to start out with these kind of DVDs,

 BTW I also have a list of DVDs I would recommend to beginners, so to all you beginners out there  I will be making a post on workout ideas for beginners and I will include some work out DVD recommendations. So be on the look out for that!

I also think that Jillian Michaels is a fantastic motivator, I think her work out DVDs are great. Some of you might be familiar with her being on the show called "The biggest loser" and yes I understand she is tough she's very tough but I think that is a good thing as when you are on a weight loss journey its important to push your self and have that discipline this is why it's not easy I know that sounds condescending but you know even though I got slightly irritated by her in the DVD repeatedly saying that its not easy well she's right its not, even if its a beginner workout it will still be tough and that's to be expected when you make a change. But remember being positive will help.

One more thing I would like to add though is I didn't follow the meal plan I just stuck to eating healthy meals so I don't know how good the meal plan is. It looks good though but since I'm a vegetarian I couldn't follow it, but you can substitute the meat dishes if your're vegetarian. I checked the meal plan again and I found that it had recipes  in there and there were some Vegan recipes. If you plan on getting this DVD and would like to do follow the meal, I say go ahead, I mean why not?

 I am also going to be doing another challenge DVD, well it's actually a set of DVDs that I bought a few months ago and its called Insanity and I will be starting that next week. I will definitely do review on that once I'm done with it but that will take a while because it is a two month challenge.

I hope you found this useful or it gave you an idea. Catch you all later

Love

Alice








No comments:

Post a Comment