Tuesday 1 October 2013

Spiced Pumpkin and fetta salad

Hello again!

I have another recipe to share with you all. I really hope you enjoy it. I just had it for lunch today and I literally surprised myself today because I made this dish before and it was alright but I kicked it up a notch and it tasted fantastic! I didn't think it would come out that good. If you are a big fan of pumpkin I really think that you will love this recipe. This is also very low calorie, like the last recipe I posted, it is under 200 hundred calories and its also filling as I find pumpkin to be quite filling, so its a perfect dish to have on your journey. I 'm sorry to all vegans but this recipe has fetta cheese in it and I don't know what can replace fetta but I suppose you can make it without the cheese as the pumpkin itself tastes fantastic.

Here is what you will need:

1 cup or one cup and a half of sliced frozen or fresh pumpkin.
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 garlic glove crushed, you can also use pre-packaged crushed garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon or tablespoon(adjust to your own taste) of sweet paprika
A pinch of pepper
A pinch of salt
25g of smooth reduced fat fetta cheese
1/2 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of rocket
A drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette

Note:
If you can't find rocket anywhere you can just use spinach alone. You can also use kale.

Here is how to cook it

1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then add the pumpkin and fry it till it softens a little, if you are using frozen pumpkin fry it till the frost on it goes away and softens a little.

2. Add garlic and fry in for a few seconds then add the onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper and stir it till the pumpkin caramalises.

3. Take the pumpkin off the heat and leave it to cool for five minutes and meanwhile grab a bowl and place your spinach and rocket in a bowl, grab your fetta cheese and crumble it over the spinach and rocket.

4. Once the pumpkin has cooled down place it on top of the salad and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, mix and enjoy!





BTW the pumpkin itself would go great in a sandwich!

Hope you enjoyed this recipe, feel free to let me know if you've tried it out, I'd love to know what you think.

Love
      Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment